26 April 2011

I Palindrome I

I'm still trying to figure out why I had the urge to cast on for a super squishy, extra warm scarf in 90 degree weather. Once again my head appears to reside in a different part of the world than my body.



This is the Reversible Cabled Brioche Stitch Scarf. (You can find the original pattern here.) I love cables, but I don't like that they only look good from one side, so this reversible stitch pattern is perfect. I have been thinking about this scarf for a long time, and even though it's the wrong season, I wanted something that I could mindlessly work on that is on needles larger than US 2's.

I had a few false starts on this one. After some trial and error, and reading lots of project notes in Ravelry, I  ended up slipping the first stitch of every row (slipped knitwise with the yarn in front) and I using lifelines. What everyone said is true - if you drop a stitch on this pattern it is really hard to pick it back up (or impossible in my case)!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this pattern. The dark red makes the cables really stand out I wonder how it would be look in a natural wool color, say white perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would look great! Cables and patterns really pop in light colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talking about Cables, my satalight is on the fritz...
    Yeah I'm lame but this isn't my genre
    although I love your stuff

    ReplyDelete